Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Same as it ever was....


I had a lesson in the culture of my parents last night. Clearly, as the video shows, the music industry of the late eighties seemed to be running low on intelligence.


Does the song have a message? Of course. To sum up the song in a few lines, it reads like this:
I know what I want and what I wish
I got what I wanted and what I wished
This is not what I wanted and what I wished
Its the same as it ever was.

It is a rather narcissistic view to life, but when you run low on ideas for a song, hey, you write one like this, and become a philosopher.

But is everything the same as it ever was? Granted, history does seem to repeat itself, but is there a flow to life that has an ending and a purpose? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment